OSAKE - SakeKasu
Available in three sizes: 450g , 900g and the 4kg.
SakeKasu is the “lees” that remain after the fermented rice mash has been pressed during the sake making process.
SakeKasu is an excellent cooking ingredient for a variety of dishes including meat, fish, soup and dessert.
SakeKasu contains distinct properties that work as a natural flavour enhancer, meat tenderizer, blending, binding and preserving agent.
SakeKasu is characterized with mild flavour, rich nutritional values including protein, probiotics, vitamin Bs, fibers and cream cheese-like texture.
Check "Sakekasu recipes" on our website.
What you can do with this protein rich paste:
- Use as a marinade for fish and meat, lightly brush on both sides and grill or pan fry.
- Mix with Salt and cure pork: charcuterie
- Mix with Miso and make Asian soup base
- Make mayonnaise-style sauce or dip
- Mix with milk or cream for sorbet/ice cream
- Mix in bread dough, pancake batter and pizza crust
- Make mayonnaise without eggs
- Keeps in the fridge for half a year
- Keeps in the freezer for at least 2 years
We ship our products everywhere. For International Shipping please call for rates.
Custom Green Recycled cardboard shipping cartons will safely transport your order.